I did not take a lot of photos during the last week of 2021 – instead I mostly spent it binge reading the Bridgerton series. They’re not great, but I am a completionist, so I wanted to read all of them. (Still on the waitlist for the 8th one, actually…) Spoiler alert: they all get married. Shocking, I know.
So here we are! Six years of Photo Weeks complete! Here was the very first one, if you are interested. I’m not sure what 2021 will look like in terms of blogging – is blogging even a thing still? I feel like people are more into visual media nowadays. (Which reminds me, that maybe I will try to get back into posting on @friendswithkitchens this year as well…) I guess my Photo Week posts are basically “unfiltered” Instagram posts. My blog is my finsta, hahaha.
Anyways, since I don’t have any photos to share, this post will double as my 2021 recap! I know I did a lot this year, although I can barely remember some of it… it’s been a long year.
2021 Exciting Things (Or just things that happened)
- I got pregnant! (And currently still waiting for baby to come…) I looked back through my journals to try to find out how I decided this was the “right time” and I did not find an answer. Did I decide to try and get pregnant on a whim? History will never know. All I know now is that I am looking forward with excitement and anxiety towards this next chapter of life where everything will be different.
- I turned 30 and commemorated the occasion with a trip to Hawaii with lifelong friends.
- Other notable trips this year were to Bodega Bay and LA. In LA, we went to Disneyland for Avengers Campus and Star Wars Land, and I finally bought a spirit jersey (thanks to our friends’ discount!)
- Another year of ARMY – this year, the highlight was the BTS concert!
- The return of lunch group parties – got to celebrate July 4th (and my birthday) and White Elephant again. As well as a couple of baby showers!
- I got vaccinated (and then went on a very long hike and slept for 12 hours afterwards) and boosted this year.
- Work. SO much happened at work. My original manager left the company, then my second manager also left the company. I got promoted. Activision Blizzard is still under immense public scrutiny, which is hopefully for the better – but along with that comes the internal conflict of working at a company that is disliked. I had my one year work anniversary!
- Along the lines of work, Jeremiah started a new job, and we got to go to a holiday party again!
- I went to the hospital.
- I feel like this year I did pretty well staying active and exercising (at least prior to the hospital visit). But even better, I started taking ballet classes again! It’s so different taking ballet classes in person versus at home on Zoom. It really made me feel more like myself again. I also started running rehearsals again for Nutcracker, which was nice after a year off.
- And lastly, I finished my goal of 50 books in 2021! Setting my goal to 50 again this year, but I’m not sure if that is going to be attainable or not, haha. Maybe late night feeding sessions will make it easier for me to read more, but it’s also likely that it will make me more tired and not want to read… we shall see.
Happy 2022, friends.